Re: 3G radios/CDMA sunset

On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 3:14:37 PM UTC-4, Airdorn wrote:
> On Fri Sep 6 21:55:51 2019 Hogan  wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >=20
> > Just wondering if anyone has a lot of slowly sunsetting communicators t=
hat they are worried about, and what steps or solutions that you may have t=
aken or are contemplating as a solution. There is only about 220 million of=
 them in the US.
> >=20
> > Hogan
>=20
> Hi there. 32 year tech here.=20
>=20
> We have around 3500 more communicators we need to replace by the sunset d=
ate, just about all by a single provider who is working with us on the issu=
e. We've already replaced about a thousand or so.
>=20
> We are replacing them daily any time we find them during service calls fo=
r other problems. We also replace them when installers come in early or hav=
e nothing to do for that day.
>=20
> To offset most of the costs, we added a small fee to each subscriber's bi=
l land called it a technology assurance fee. We did this months ago and hav=
e only had a few customers complain and/or quit.

I don't have nearly as many accounts but I'm using the Napco Starlink. I ge=
t a $100.00 rebate and charge anywhere from $150.00 to $200.00 for the up g=
rade and in the process, if I can upgrade them further to remote control fe=
atures, I also increase my monthly recurring fee.

If you're doing if for nothing, I think you're underestimating the resilien=
cy of your account base. It's not your fault or the fault of your supplier =
that there's a sunset occurring. Any accounts that you lose will be made up=
 for with the increased installation and recurring income. And besides ----=
- what are they going to do (?) go over to someone else that's going to cha=
rge them the same amount?=20

The least you could do is start out with my above plan and if they take it,=
 you're ahead. If they're a good customer and you don't want to lose them a=
nd they balk,  you can always call them right back and say your just spoke =
to your boss and he said it was alright to come down and offer them a "SPEC=
IAL" at no charge.

I can tell that your not from New York. :-)