Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 3/25/2020 8:23 AM, whahn911@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > Good morning. I just bought PCI-Mini from Napco and RJ11 cable. Could y=
ou help me how to connect Rj11 to my magnum alert 1008LKDL panel?
> > Thanks,
> > Wn Hn
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I don't think the MA panels even support direct PC-link programming.
>=20
> You might "MIGHT" be able to locally program with a modem and line=20
> simulator.  Only works if you have the installer code even then.

It was supposed to work but I was never able to get it to stay connected. D=
epended upon which modem you had and what settings. I could never get it ri=
ght and was easier to hook it to one phone line and call it with the downlo=
ader program from another line.=20

Remote up/download was the best way.

Bass will explain it a lot better than me    though.