Re: Timely message to all

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 12:39:13 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>=20
> Interestingly as an avid Science Fiction reader who has literally read=20
> thousands of books, (maybe tens of thousands), I have never read Atlas=20
> Shrugged.
>=20
> (The pun was just a happy accident.)

I miss Asimov ( Foundation, I Robot and too many others to mention) and Rob=
ert Heinlein( Methuselahs Children Do you remember his recurring character =
Lazarus Long? How about Stranger in a Strange Land ?), Arthur Clark ( Child=
hoods End the movie was Terrible! ), Ray Bradbury ( Fahrenheit 451), Frank =
Herbert. Dune (Terrible Movie)

Modern SyFi just stopped being interesting to me about 15/20 years ago when=
 it shifted to swords and dragons and half animal people. I got tired of  T=
he only injection of SyFi I get now is from TV where very rarely is there a=
nything of substance for me. I got tired of the never ending Star Wars Blah=
 Blah Blah, after the third movie on.=20

Atlas Shrugged is a fictionalized narrative of Ayn Rand's Philosophy. At th=
e very end it slips into a little bit of Science Fiction but 98% of the boo=
k is ( in my opinion) a prediction of exactly what is happening to Capitali=
sm today.

I have to say that her books helped me to be more productive and contented =
with my achievements and many other aspects having to do with productivity.

Basically, --It doesn't make any difference what you do (work wise) just be=
 the best at it as you can.