Re: Modem to complete Contact ID protocol

On 6/17/2020 12:32 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> LOL  Maybe the "lady down the street" is the absolute best cook!!  :-)
>>
>> Ya know? I was just thinking ---- as I was going to respond to you ----
>> that lately every thread just seems to deteriorate from technical
>> messages down to frivolous inanities. And I think I'm the instigator.
>> On the other hand, with so few participants in the group now days, I
>> fear that the lack of posts just might prove to be it's demise. Some
>> times we'll go a whole week with out any posts. Social Media groups
>> have made this venue obsolete, so I don't see any possibility of it
>> ever rising from the ashes.
>>
>> I do not participate in ANY of the social media groups save one having
>> to do with my local area so I can keep abreast of local events. But I
>> take a very low key placid position and don't make any waves. Mostly
>> just observe and absorb information.
>>
>> Does anyone here participate in any other alarm or technical centric
>> groups that maybe we few remaining mc-crudgeons could migrate to ?
>>
>> My feeling is that we few remaining have a wealth of experience that
>> would be nice to pass on to ..... who? someone? anyone? Is there
>> anyone out there who's interested anymore?
>>
>> If anyone is interested in carrying on with this subject maybe the
>> first responder should start a new thread.
>>
>> Wada ya think?
>
> I use to be a member of a couple communication contracting related
> forums, but I don't even recall their names.  I've never been a member
> of any Reddit, Facebook, or LinkedIn groups related to this field.

Same here,
I had a Group on Yahoo way back n the day.
(but it turned into a local chat group for kids.)
I don't believe in the site thing,
(to many moderators and others are always trying to make money off what
your talking about..)
I'll be on the N.G.'s as long as their there..  ;-)

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*