Smoke Detector Beams

Hey guys!!  At least to all the (OLD) regulars.  :-)

I actually have a On Topic question.  With all the years
I have been doing alarms I have actually something new
of sorts.

I will be installing my second Beam Detector (single ended).
Actually, a OSI-RI-SK addressable unit.
It will be installed with a keyswitch for testing.
When I did the first a few years ago during the final inspection.
The inspector never asked me to test is, only looked at it
and everything else, only tripped off smokes and pull stations.

My question is; If the inspector wants to see a test of the
beam detector what would be the proper approved way to do so??

Is there a suggested method??

Has anyone ever had to a real test??

I have some thoughts but I was wondering what you guys think??

Thanks,

Les