Adding garage on separate partition to NX8E system?

Have an existing system that I need to expand to a detached garage.  Totall=
y confused on what I need to add.  My plan is to run a single cable between=
 buildings - distance is 250 feet.  Have power in the garage.  Planned to p=
ut an expansion board in the garage with keypad on it's on partition.  Want=
 to add smokes but was reading that smoke power is from a terminal on the N=
X8E that toggles on smoke reset so not sure how I would set up the remote s=
mokes since I wouldn't have access to that terminal. What parts do I need f=
or this?  I can figure out the basics of wire, door sensors, etc - I need t=
o figure out what boards and keypads and power supplies I need.=20

Also know they are stopping production soon.  I could switch to some other =
system but everything is working ok.  Everything is hardwired with no wirel=
ess sensors.  Perhaps I should switch to a different system?