Re: Access Control Project with a Twist

On 2/25/2020 4:57 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 2/23/2020 9:16 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> I have a potential project that is bending my brain a bit.
>>
>> A customer wants to set up an entrance door for controlled access
>> to the building.  There is a double door but just one will be
>> converted to Electrified Panic Hardware.  Plan on using a
>> Access Control System and install a couple of cameras.
>> One outside and one inside lobby.
>>
>> Because of the mixed usage some will have keyfobs, some will have an
>> access code.  So, a reader with a keypad will be installed.
>>
>> Here is the twist.  They want the ability for those without a fob or
>> a code to make a phone call to an individual cell phone and that
>> individual will then talk to them and view the camera and then
>> through a "app" on there phone press a key that will unlock the
>> door allowing access.
>>
>> Oh, this is for a Church.  I KNOW, I KNOW!!  I already know where this
>> will be going.  Having a (free)meeting on Wednesday.  I KNOW, I KNOW!!
>>
>> First I don't know of a system app that will do this easily.  I was
>> wondering if any of you's guys had a thought or two??
>>
>> BTW I cut my 1 month vacation short.  I have too much work on the table
>> to just walk away for such a long period of time.  :-)  I did sleep in
>> yesterday for an extra hour.  That will have to qualify in some way.
>>
>> Thanks for any input.
>>
>> Les
>

> MAYBE.....
>

> "World's Best Doorbell Phone"
>
> Access module, dialer module, and maybe the long ring time module.
>
> No ap needed.  I did this a very very long time ago.
>
> I used to buy the stuff from Mike Sandman, but the last few pieces I
> bought came from ADI.
>
> For good security and easy operation trip a log only zone on teh panel,
> and shunt the anti pass back (tailgater) zone on the access door.

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have actually used the "Door Bell Phone" thing a number of years
ago.  Worked quite well for the customer in a small house.

I have purchased a number of unusual things from Mike Sandman as well
only because it did what is was designed for and most important, it
worked.

For this project my first question is going to be: What is your budget??
The answer may put the kibosh to the whole thing very quickly.

I will know more in the morning. :-)

Les