Re: Caddx NX series users

On 12/5/2020 10:45 PM, spyros wrote:
> Does anyone knows if we can create a time controlled user on Caddx NX8? Thanks in advance :)

Hi Spyros,

The quick answer is NO.

The longer answer is NO to a code only access user.

But, if you had a NX-1700e Card/Fob Reader on the
system to activate an Electric Strike and had it
programmed by a Open Schedule then it might/would be
possible to limit access through the entry door
by ALL USERS.

Then I would think if you gave a certain individual(s)
a Card/Fob and NOT a Key then that individual(s) could be
limited to gain access to the building in order
to enter their code to disarm the building.

Meaning that all other users would have access
24/7 and not be restricted.

Then again having to prove my above theory correct might
be the bigger challenge.  If it proves to work.....yea!!
If not, then you didn't hear it for me..........  :-)

It would seem to be a bit of a pain to set up.  Would
it be worth the time and expense??  Not to mention
the challenge of acquiring a NX-1700e and NX-1706 fobs.

Depending on your precise need I would suggest a true
Access Control System to limit users to a specific
time schedule.

Good Luck

Les