Re: Circuitously Related

On 8/4/2020 10:04 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

> On 8/4/2020 5:51 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>  > On 8/3/2020 9:18 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>  >> On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:04:28 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>  >>
>  >>>>
>  >>>>
>  >>>> My worst one (the reason I own the 1" spline drive rotary hammer)
> was a
>  >>>> vertical through a floor in an old post office building.  Almost 3
> feet
>  >>>> of structural concrete that was well aged.  (Built around 1920 I
> think.)
>  >>>> We found a smaller 3/8 or 1/2 (I forget) that was long enough to
> drill
>  >>>> all the way through, (just barely) with the Makita SDS+ drive, but
>  >>>> nothing big enough for SDS so we went to the 1" spline drive and
> punched
>  >>>> 1-1/2" holes.  We would use the SDS to punch a pilot all the way
>  >>>> through, then drill from both sides with the spline drive to make the
>  >>>> holes big enough for our wire bundles.  Took 3 days to make 4 holes.
>  >>>>
>  >>>> I remember that job very well.  F-ing electrician stole all my
> conduit.
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>> Shoot the electrician!!!  Not that bad here.  Had a electrician use my
>  >>> holes for his romex runs in a new construction job a number of years
>  >>> back.  Said my piece with the GC.  Electrician pulled and re-ran his
>  >>> wires.  The sad part was that I had a couple of Low Voltage wires
>  >>> already in those holes.  Fortunately there were no wire burns on the
>  >>> sheath.   It really is sad when you think about the extra work that
>  >>> is needed to get the the job done right!!
>  >>
>  >> Jeeeze. You guys are a lot nicer than I am.
>  >>
>  >> Just as a precursor to these stories, I must say that I am always
> aware of how my work may interfere with other contractors and go out of
> my way to contact them before proceeding if I don't see a workaround to
> a conflict of use of space, time or whatever. Occasionally other
> contractors do not reciprocate.
>  >>
>  >> Through the years I've had various occasions to have inconsiderate
> or downright nasty contractors invade my space. Most memorable ......
>  >>
>  >> A doctor that had been my customer for many years was moving to a
> new building and wanted me to install a new alarm system. Since he was
> moving some of his equipment in while renovations were going on he
> wanted the alarm system in early and he would come and arm and disarm
> the system for contractors as they appeared on the job. There was a
> space downstairs beside the basement stairway where I mounted a piece of
> plywood for the alarm panel. The alarm system worked well until after
> [...]

I did not know the specifics but you bring up an interesting point.

According to Wikipedia:
The statute of limitations may begin when the harmful event, such as
fraud or injury, occurs or when it is discovered. The US Supreme Court
has described the "standard rule" of when the time begins as "when the
plaintiff has a complete and present cause of action." The rule has
existed since the 1830s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations#:~:text=The%20statute%20of%20limitations%20may%20begin%20when%20the%20harmful%20event,has%20existed%20since%20the%201830s.

There is actually a lot more on the page but............................

So, if something bad was done but hidden or not discovered for
10 or more years then found, then the injured party has 2 or maybe 3
years to sue the now known perpetrator for damages.

In other words once the bad deed is done, never speak of it "ever"!!
I guess that means telling a "I remember when" stories or
"back in the day" stuff needs to be done very carefully.  :-)

There was this apple orchard raid back in 1964 that I know nothing

Les