Re: A few to make you laugh

A professor had given a test to a bunch of students.  As each of the studen=
ts finished the test they were allowed to put the finished test on the prof=
essors desk and leave the classroom. Everyone had left the class except one=
 student. As the time drew close to the end of the period, the professor as=
ked the student if there was a problem. The student answered that there was=
 one question on the test they he had a problem with. The professor asked w=
hich one it was. The student said that it was the question about how to use=
 a barometer to measure the height of a tall building. The professor said t=
hat that should be a very easy question to answer. The student said that he=
 didn=E2=80=99t know which answer the professor was looking for. =E2=80=9CT=
here can only be one answer knowing how a barometer works. If you take a ba=
rometric reading at the bottom of the building and another at the top of th=
e building you can calculate the height of the building. =E2=80=9C That=E2=
=80=99s not the only answer,=E2=80=9D said the student. The professor said =
=E2=80=9CWell what other answer did you have?=E2=80=9D  =E2=80=9CWell=E2=80=
=9D said the student,  =E2=80=9CI could go to the top of the building. Tie =
a string to the barometer. Drop it to the ground and measure the length of =
the string.=E2=80=9D =E2=80=9C I could go to the top of the building and dr=
op the barometer off the top of the building and time how long it took to h=
it the ground. I could take the barometer and put it on the ground, measure=
 how tall the barometer was, how long it=E2=80=99s shadow was, measure the =
shadow of the building and calculate the height of the building. I could al=
so, go inside the building and starting at ground level, put the barometer =
up against the wall, and marking off the height of the barometer measure ho=
w many barometers high the building was. And lastly I could try to locate t=
he janitor and tell him, I=E2=80=99ll give you this barometer if you tell m=
e how tall this building is.=E2=80=9D=20
The student got an A on the test.