Re: Multi partition alarm panel

"Bob La Londe" <none@none.com99> wrote in message
news:qmecht$1ugo$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

> On 9/24/2019 11:07 AM, doug wrote:
> > Anyone know of a commercial control panel with at least 10 partitions?
> >
> > Doug
> >

> Why 10 partitions?  8 is most the most I know of off hand, but the
> Continental control system allowed for linking multiple systems for cross
> panel management.  I never used it.  I always managed to get by with the
> X255 Napco panel.
>
> A trick I have seen used on panels that allow you to assign all the codes
> they would just give multiple panels on a single site the same account
> number, but change all the zone codes so as to be a non-conflict.  If they
> got a trouble code that was not settable they had to go to all the
> buildings to find the trouble, but they had their own alarm staff (one of
> my ex employees and another guy with similar training).  The zone
> description at the central station included the build number and the zone
> description.
>
> Zone 87 = Bldg 207 Front Door.
>
> Some older panels allow you to assign your own reporting codes for
> EVERYTHING.

Currently customer has a DSC 1864 (max 8 partitions) and two DSC 1616 (max 2
partitions each)
They are using 7 partitions on the 1864, 2 on one of the 1616's and 1 on the
other 1616.- Total 10
They are on one account number, the 1864 and one of the 1616's are
communicating using contact ID with non overlapping zones (caller ID
identifies the common trouble zones) the other 1616 use's 4/2 programmed
using non conflicting codes.
Currently using three phone lines that are going away and customer wants to
use 1 panel and 1 cellular communicator to avoid the monthly cost of 3
cellular communicators.
I suggested using 2 cellular units and changing one of the 1616's to a 1832
or 1864 which would allow the existing keypads, bus devices (zone expansion
modules, relay modules, power supplies)  to be used.
Even if a 10 partition panel could be found at a relatively low cost, the
expense of replacing the keypads, zone expansion modules, output modules,
power supplies and the labor to replace the EOL's (if necessary) would mean
that it would take a long time before the monthly saving from using a single
cell unit would outstrip the cost of replacing the systems, but the bean
counter knows best.

Doug