Re: Multi partition alarm panel

On 9/24/2019 11:07 AM, doug wrote:
 > Anyone know of a commercial control panel with at least 10 partitions?
 >
 > Doug

Why 10 partitions?  8 is most the most I know of off hand, but the
Continental control system allowed for linking multiple systems for
cross panel management.  I never used it.  I always managed to get by
with the X255 Napco panel.

A trick I have seen used on panels that allow you to assign all the
codes they would just give multiple panels on a single site the same
account number, but change all the zone codes so as to be a
non-conflict.  If they got a trouble code that was not settable they had
to go to all the buildings to find the trouble, but they had their own
alarm staff (one of my ex employees and another guy with similar
training).  The zone description at the central station included the
build number and the zone description.

Zone 87 = Bldg 207 Front Door.

Some older panels allow you to assign your own reporting codes for
EVERYTHING.