Re: Multi partition alarm panel

>"Billy Bob" <napinc7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>Doug,
>
>Well, the bean counter in this case does not seem to know best.
>
>The time involved to do all this work as well as using a new manufacturer's
>equipment, would be enormous. Keeping the existing equipment is the only
>normal action, except for just switching the mainboard on one of the 1616
>a 1664. There will then be plenty of room for any possible future
>expansion,
>and the cost difference between a 1632 & 1664 is pittance.

>So now you need 2 radios, so what! Don't even tell the customer that there
>will be 2 separate radios, make it look seamless. Find a way to offer them
>pricing option on the cellular, that does not seem to be double.
>
>His commercial phone lines are probably costing him a minimum $40 each
>w/taxes, which is why he wants that to go away.
>
>You can use (2) Gen4 LTE-M that will cost you $3/month each, or a
>GSM-mini4G
>@ $2.50/month each. If you cannot hide that in your monitoring cost, then
>you are not charging enough. Central stations that use these radios, will
>allow text & emails notifications on open/close/alarms/trouble conditions
>included. Cost is about $60 each for the radios.
>
>Depending on how much interactive/notifications that you want the customer
>to have or that they require, will determine your pricing and having to
>switch to slightly more involved radios. Alula's radios allow text, email,
>and robocall notifications at about $6.50/month.
>
>Billy Bob

Bob

Thanks for the input, but we were never going to replace the systems, there
was always only going to be one outcome, but we just needed to show what it
would cost upfront to save a few dollars per month in cellular costs so they
can see how long it would take for the small savings per month to cover the
cost of replacing everything, which as you say would be enormous.
We don't need to bury the cellular costs in the monitoring costs or withhold
the fact that there will be more than one cellular unit.
Its just a case of the accounting department wanting to see what the options
are, even if its blindingly obvious to everyone else.
For that we just needed to itemise the costs of replacing everything versus
using a second cellular unit which is why I was trying to locate a panel
that would handle 10 partitions. I know its a no brainer but sometimes you
just have to go through the motions.

Doug