Re: DSC Neo

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 12:44:29 PM UTC-5, doug wrote:
> "Jim Davis"  wrote in message=20
> news:e4b90728-bc98-4339-b7f8- ..
>=20
> .  some of the IBridge features that you can get with the Starlink/IBridg=
e=20
> and Napco panels are not available when programmed for a DSC panel. The=
=20
> Starlink/IBridge uses a datalink cable and very few wire connection. Usin=
g=20
> it with DSC requires all wire connections using trigger and terminal outp=
uts=20
> etc which limits the IBridge functions. I haven't studied what would be=
=20
> missing yet which leaves me unable to describe to the homeowner what=20
> features they could have.
>=20
> The basic Starlink model  uses a DSC zone input programmed as keywitch=20
> arm/disarm to toggle the alarm on/off and a DSC PGM output set as armed=
=20
> status to update the app of the armed status to toggle the alarm on/off w=
ith=20
> a very simple phone app with a button which changes colour from green to =
red=20
> when armed/disarmed. As rudimentary as the functions are it actually work=
s=20
> well for the customer who just wants to turn the alarm on/off or verify i=
ts=20
> status.
>=20
> The Starlink Connect model uses data connections between the DSC keypad b=
us=20
> and the DSC local program connector to communicate between the panel &=20
> starlink connect.
>=20
> A virtual keypad on the iBridge app allows you to control the system usin=
g=20
> most of the functions available on the hardwired keypad and you can also=
=20
> upload/download the DSC using DLS5.
>=20
> In my experience it can be very slow sometimes updating the armed status =
on=20
> the app.
> I've stood in front of a keypad and using the app turned the alarm on/off=
=20
> and the system arms immediately  however sometimes the display on the app=
=20
> seems to take forever to change.
>=20
> Doug

Thanks, good to know that.

I've noticed some latency sometimes on the basic (red button, green button)=
 unit (only using Napco panels) Not so much with the "Starlink Connect" uni=
ts. I'm not sure if it's due to product or communication services (Cellular=
/Internet) issues at any given time. It's not perfect but so far has worked=
 well enough for my clients so that I've not received any complaints.=20

I think it's commonly acceptable for some latency to occur with most apps a=
nyway.