Re: Fire Stop/Block

On 3/17/2019 11:13 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a pending Fire Alarm install in a commercial building.
> I will need to use a Fire Block around wall penetrations.
>
> Anyone have a recommendation for what is to be used or not used
> in this kind of application??
>
> 3M
> Red Devil
> Hilti
> etc.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Les
We've had every kind of "Duffus" inspection you can image.
some wanted plaster (you heard right)
some wanted anything as long as it was RED.  (LOL)
some wanted a special brand ( we later found out they had a cousin etc..
working for that company)
The one none could bitch about was the metal pipe with flush boxes on
both side..
Check with the "General" and have him make the recommendation or find
out what everyone else is using and do the same..
(the odd man out usually loses with any inspection, even if he's right)
(least wise that my history lesson around here..)

Just my two cents...   ;-)
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*