IT WORKED !!!

I installed a fair number of Digital Watchdog DVRs the last few years I
was in the business.  One thing almost every one of them needed to work
properly was a firmware upgrade.  None of them ever seemed to do a
firmware upgrade easily on-line with their own utility.  I always had to
download the upgrade onto a thumb drive.

Well a few days ago I decided I needed some more cameras on my shop.  I
pulled a new old stock DW VMAX-A1 off a shelf and hooked it up.  After
getting (**) the remote access setup there was a message on screen
saying there was a firmware upgrade available and asked if I wanted to
apply it.  "Sure, I thought.  Knock yourself out."  It worked.  First
try.  No issues.

** DANG-IT!  I need to get ahold of Robert Chou.  IP Cam Viewer Pro does
not support that particular DVR even though it supports other DW DVRs
and NVRs.  I had to use DW's clunky Android Ap.  Actually its ok, but I
have to open a separate AP to view all my cameras.  I'd much prefer to
open just one as I did with IP Cam Viewer until I added this DVR.