Re: Sprinkler Valve Hook-Up

On 6/23/2019 8:13 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 7:17:06 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>>>
>> Well, it seems the Manufacture Sales Rep along with one of their
>> engineers has found a fitting that will do the job.  They are
>> sending me 5 each of these units Next Day Air for me to use.
>>
>> I will have them Monday to try them out.
>>
>> It was confirmed that I was the first to bring this issue
>> to their attention.
>>
>> Some days it is worth speaking up and getting heard.
>>
>> Les
>
> Things like this happen to me more often than I can believe is real.
>
> It amazes me how often little small company---- a speck in the universe of the alarm trade -----  is the one who runs into a problem that the --- manufacturer ---- dealer ---- distributor ----- retailer ---- end user
>
> NEVER FUCKIN HEARD OF BEFORE? !!!!!
>
> Is it just "my luck" ? Am I that much more aware of how things are supposed to work? Am I that much smarter than all the fucking engineers, marketing, and sales people who put these products on the market?
>
> IP Cameras that can't be accessed if you do some obscure thing to them while trying to set them up. ( tried more than one)
>
> Video door bells that won't create their local WiFi network (tried more than one)
>
> alarm panels who's keypads won't allow you to program the panel (tried more than one)
>
> etc. etc. etc.
>
> I've lost track of how many times I've had manufacturers tech support on the line with problems that they never heard of before and cannot resolve.

Jim,

WE must be twins walking in an alternate universe!!!

I could have written the same exact words.  Boggles the brain.

 > "How can just one little guy run into so many of never heard of
problems?"

The only thing I can think of is that "WE" care more than all the rest
about what we do or work with.

I have been saying for years that if you don't tell someone there is
a problem with "XYZ" then they think what they are doing is perfect.

It rarely happens but, I think "WE" need to be seriously compensated
for out expertise in finding this shit!!

For me I was compensated a few of years ago and it just paid off.
I received a SK-5820XL from SK as a thank you for finding and helping
with a serious problem that they were not aware of on the production
line.  Just installed that free panel and presently getting ready for
final inspection.  $$$

Later,

Les