Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

   May I jump into your group?=20
   I need help.=20

   I bought a Nx-6 panel off Ebay, (I paid $7 plus $3 shipping).  Its locke=
d and      =20
   I should just toss it, BUT I am stubborn and stupid.....=20
   I have NX590 and I can connect to the panel via TCP/IP then it errors on=
   =20
   reading Module 0, wont let me read or write.  It will let me look at the=
   =20
   "keypad status" so I think I am really connected?=20
   I downloaded NXprog, it opens saying "finding COM error" saying it canno=
t   =20
   find the file specified.  Can i flash this board via the NX590?  Where w=
ould   =20
   I find the encrypted file the NXprog is looking for?=20
   Any backdoors (or interior rooms) that I can default this panel?=20

   The rest of the story......=20
   I have a NX-6 board monitoring my home,  I have doubled the zones.  It  =
 =20
   randomly alarms on zone 10.=20
   Its NOT the wiring, resistors or contacts - have switched all (several  =
=20
   times), and have concluded its a problem with the circuit board with alw=
ays=20
   zone 10.  Bought this replacement board to replace mine.  Not sure if I =
am up  =20
   to the task but would it be an option to switch the main "chip" on the b=
oard  =20
   where the locked info is stored?   At this point both panels are useless=
 to =20
   me but not so skilled on de-soldering.=20

   THANKS!=20
   J.J.=20

Well, JJ, you may jump in...but I am not quite sure that you know what you =
are getting into.

First off, you paid way too much for that board at $7... because it's locke=
d out.

2nd, to be sure that there is or isn't anything wrong on your board, switch=
 everything on zone 10 to a totally different physical board zone, and vice=
-versa... because you did not eliminate a possible wiring issue in your cal=
culations... rats & mice just love wires to "death" ("well, that's how I go=
t rid of Egor-the-rat-from-Hell some years ago, but that's another story fo=
r another time!")=20

3rd, redo the programming for those zones EVEN if they are the same types. =
Then, and only then, will you  know that there is really something wrong wi=
th the specific board zone. Of course, zone 10 is using a different resisto=
r for the upper zones. Make sure that your wiring is 'clean' so that no wir=
es or resistors are touching anything else.

Also, Networx mainboards should be powered down completely after any proble=
ms. They just love to hang on to 'previous issues' in the buffer. It has be=
en drilled into my sub-conscious after repeated calls to tech support for v=
arious reasons over the years, and they all say, 'Make sure to power down c=
ompletely'. As soon as I start getting into any troubles with a Networx boa=
rd, I slowly enter into a trance, with weird lights flashing all around, an=
d I hear, P O W E R  D O W N  N O W! After the board and I regain conscious=
ness, the troubles are all gone.

And unsoldering 2 board chips, and re-soldering, no!... just buy a new boar=
d; or buy yourself a new round apartment building and move the apts around.=
 And don't forget, there is a $1 bill waiting for you, as per Doug earlier =
in his post, "Its in apartment A under a bowl of fresh & crispy chips."