Re: DSC Neo

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 10:47:16 AM UTC-6, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 9:27:28 PM UTC-5, Hogan wrote:
> > Hi Jim,
> >=20
> > From what I understand from having attended a live DSC information semi=
nar on the new DSC Neo back some years ago when Neo was just about to come =
out, is that Alarm.com purchased the rights from DSC to have access to thei=
r keybus. They have locked that out to other communicator companies.
> >=20
> > It was then decided that we would not be using that system ever, since =
we had already started using IPDatatel communicators already. The old DSC 1=
616, 1832, 1864, are all still readily available; and the keybus is also op=
en.
> >=20
> > Of course, you can use any communicator that uses tip/ring and key-swit=
ch zone, but I am sure that you already know that. There is a really small =
" MN01-4G " radio available that does not even depend on any access to chan=
ging the telco number or account number in the panel, as the radio is progr=
ammed to connect to the central station number even though the panel is dia=
ling another. And as well, the account number that may be in the panel, is =
also irrelevant as the radio is assigned an account number by the central. =
Additionally, there is an app for the system called RControl that will make=
 any system controllable by your customer's cellphone.
> >=20
> > I started out learning on DSC and have always liked them. I suppose tha=
t once you understand and learn on one type of panel and go to another, the=
 others may seem quirky. Even though I have experience with Honeywell, Napc=
o, Networx, Moose, Concord, DSC, and others, I still prefer DSC.
> >=20
> > The DSC PTK5507 Touch Screen for the PC 1616, 1832, & 1864, has the sam=
e appearance as the DSC HS2TCHP NEO Touch Screen Keypad. So if you wanted a=
n open keybus, you could switch out the equipment without even your custome=
r knowing about it, and just your wallet would know.
> >=20
> > Hope you have/had a good vacation!
>=20
> So as I gather =E2=80=A6. what you are saying is=20
> Anyone who installs the Neo equipment is essentially locking their custom=
er into using Alarm dot com=20
>=20
> Is that correct?

No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes commun=
icators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to Alarm.co=
m, nothing else comes close

But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard communica=
tors if all you want to do is report signals.