Re: DSC Neo

> No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes  com=
municators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to Alarm=
.com, nothing else comes close=20

> But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard communi=
cators if all you want to do is report signals.=20

> So as I gather =E2=80=A6. what you are saying is=20
> Anyone who installs the Neo equipment is essentially locking their custom=
er into using Alarm dot com=20
>=20
> Is that correct?=20

> No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes comm=
unicators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to Alarm.=
com, nothing else comes close=20

> But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard communi=
cators if all you want to do is report signals.=20

Well, as per Mr. Leuck, of course DSC-made communicators would work with DS=
C-made Neo panels... unless DSC is very aaknoll. And, of course any other p=
lain communicator can work with Neo & send signals thru Tip & Ring. But, th=
e DSC's Main Man, at the seminar, specifically used those words, that DSC d=
id not open their keybus to anyone else, and that it was encrypted. -I also=
 do not have Alls-heim-ers, nor do I see shadows or hear voices in the nigh=
t.

But, I already figured that you envisioned full interactive communication f=
or the customer and yourself. That is why we went with IPDatatel in 2012, n=
ow renamed Alula after an acquisition... and did not entertain any Neo pane=
ls and certainly even less with Alarm.com because of their desire for contr=
ol in their agreement. It did not take long for me to surmise this in that =
lengthy seminar, as I cut out at 'Half-time' break and went back to work.

The only reason that I mentioned IPDatatel/Alula, is because it is total in=
teractive for the customer as well as the dealer. Just last week I had to l=
og into a customer's store in order to turn off 2 specific zones because of=
 some internal problems with their system. All I have to do, is log into th=
e website where all of our accounts are, choose the customer, and a virtual=
 keypad opens up. I then program into it just as if I was onsite. It took n=
o more than 3-5 minutes and was a lot faster than just getting ready to sta=
rt the van.  Their communicators are fully interactive with Honeywell, DSC,=
 and Networx. Additionally, they are available in wifi/network-wired and wi=
fi/network-wired/cellular versions. There used to be also just a wired-netw=
ork version but that was discontinued. They are also LTE cellular.=20

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I was extremely busy last week=
.