Re: DSC Neo

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 9:59:21 PM UTC-6, HOGAN wrote:
> > No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes  c=
ommunicators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to Ala=
rm.com, nothing else comes close=20
>=20
> > But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard commu=
nicators if all you want to do is report signals.=20
>=20
> > So as I gather =E2=80=A6. what you are saying is=20
> > Anyone who installs the Neo equipment is essentially locking their cust=
omer into using Alarm dot com=20
> >=20
> > Is that correct?=20
>=20
> > No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes co=
mmunicators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to Alar=
m.com, nothing else comes close=20
>=20
> > But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard commu=
nicators if all you want to do is report signals.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Well, as per Mr. Leuck, of course DSC-made communicators would work with =
DSC-made Neo panels... unless DSC is very aaknoll. And, of course any other=
 plain communicator can work with Neo & send signals thru Tip & Ring. But, =
the DSC's Main Man, at the seminar, specifically used those words, that DSC=
 did not open their keybus to anyone else, and that it was encrypted. -I al=
so do not have Alls-heim-ers, nor do I see shadows or hear voices in the ni=
ght.
>=20
> But, I already figured that you envisioned full interactive communication=
 for the customer and yourself. That is why we went with IPDatatel in 2012,=
 now renamed Alula after an acquisition... and did not entertain any Neo pa=
nels and certainly even less with Alarm.com because of their desire for con=
trol in their agreement. It did not take long for me to surmise this in tha=
t lengthy seminar, as I cut out at 'Half-time' break and went back to work.
>=20
> The only reason that I mentioned IPDatatel/Alula, is because it is total =
interactive for the customer as well as the dealer. Just last week I had to=
 log into a customer's store in order to turn off 2 specific zones because =
of some internal problems with their system. All I have to do, is log into =
the website where all of our accounts are, choose the customer, and a virtu=
al keypad opens up. I then program into it just as if I was onsite. It took=
 no more than 3-5 minutes and was a lot faster than just getting ready to s=
tart the van.  Their communicators are fully interactive with Honeywell, DS=
C, and Networx. Additionally, they are available in wifi/network-wired and =
wifi/network-wired/cellular versions. There used to be also just a wired-ne=
twork version but that was discontinued. They are also LTE cellular.=20
>=20
> Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I was extremely busy last we=
ek.

Few companies want someone else making communicators for their panels, GE a=
llowed Alarm.com access to their bus for the Simon and Concord but they rev=
erse engineered Honeywell.

I've tested iPDatatel and it functions but the interface in my opinion is t=
oo primitive and they don't go very far with anything else

Just an opinion