Re: DSC Neo

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 2:15:40 AM UTC-5, mleuck wrote:
> On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 9:59:21 PM UTC-6, HOGAN wrote:
> > > No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes =
 communicators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to A=
larm.com, nothing else comes close=20
> >=20
> > > But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard com=
municators if all you want to do is report signals.=20
> >=20
> > > So as I gather =E2=80=A6. what you are saying is=20
> > > Anyone who installs the Neo equipment is essentially locking their cu=
stomer into using Alarm dot com=20
> > >=20
> > > Is that correct?=20
> >=20
> > > No it's not, while Alarm.com equipment works with Neo DSC also makes =
communicators for it although in my opinion they are garbage compared to Al=
arm.com, nothing else comes close=20
> >=20
> > > But like any other panel you can still install Uplink or Telguard com=
municators if all you want to do is report signals.=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Well, as per Mr. Leuck, of course DSC-made communicators would work wit=
h DSC-made Neo panels... unless DSC is very aaknoll. And, of course any oth=
er plain communicator can work with Neo & send signals thru Tip & Ring. But=
, the DSC's Main Man, at the seminar, specifically used those words, that D=
SC did not open their keybus to anyone else, and that it was encrypted. -I =
also do not have Alls-heim-ers, nor do I see shadows or hear voices in the =
night.
> >=20
> > But, I already figured that you envisioned full interactive communicati=
on for the customer and yourself. That is why we went with IPDatatel in 201=
2, now renamed Alula after an acquisition... and did not entertain any Neo =
panels and certainly even less with Alarm.com because of their desire for c=
ontrol in their agreement. It did not take long for me to surmise this in t=
hat lengthy seminar, as I cut out at 'Half-time' break and went back to wor=
k.
> >=20
> > The only reason that I mentioned IPDatatel/Alula, is because it is tota=
l interactive for the customer as well as the dealer. Just last week I had =
to log into a customer's store in order to turn off 2 specific zones becaus=
e of some internal problems with their system. All I have to do, is log int=
o the website where all of our accounts are, choose the customer, and a vir=
tual keypad opens up. I then program into it just as if I was onsite. It to=
ok no more than 3-5 minutes and was a lot faster than just getting ready to=
 start the van.  Their communicators are fully interactive with Honeywell, =
DSC, and Networx. Additionally, they are available in wifi/network-wired an=
d wifi/network-wired/cellular versions. There used to be also just a wired-=
network version but that was discontinued. They are also LTE cellular.=20
> >=20
> > Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I was extremely busy last =
week.
>=20
> Few companies want someone else making communicators for their panels, GE=
 allowed Alarm.com access to their bus for the Simon and Concord but they r=
everse engineered Honeywell.
>=20
> I've tested iPDatatel and it functions but the interface in my opinion is=
 too primitive and they don't go very far with anything else
>=20
> Just an opinion

Just a note to everyone:

I ended up giving the account away =E2=80=A6 back to the original installer=
.

Once I found out the system was programmed and set up to communicate with a=
larm dot com. I considered what I would have to do to de-program it and re-=
program it to work with the Napco IBridge, And although Napco says it will =
work with DSC they also throw some "disclaimers" in the installation instru=
ctions about some of the things that can't be done and that some of the fun=
ctions that can be attained when using Napco panels can't be used with DSC =
panels.=20

Rather than having to take the time to learn the programming, the differenc=
es and quirks associated with DSC and the integration of the IBridge  =E2=
=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. just for this one job =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=
. I determined it was not worth all the time and effort. And anyway, 6 mont=
hs from now, if I had to make some changes or do some troubleshooting I wou=
ldn't remember half of what I would have had to learn to take over the job =
and I'd have to put in MORE time just to make a few bucks a month.=20

I hate to lose a long time client but it's jus not worth the time, effort a=
nd expense.

However, I did get the new owner of their old home .. so I really didn't lo=
se an account.

Just didn't gain a new one.

Thanks for the input though. =20