Re: DSC Neo

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 9:27:28 PM UTC-5, Hogan wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>=20
> From what I understand from having attended a live DSC information semina=
r on the new DSC Neo back some years ago when Neo was just about to come ou=
t, is that Alarm.com purchased the rights from DSC to have access to their =
keybus. They have locked that out to other communicator companies.
>=20
> It was then decided that we would not be using that system ever, since we=
 had already started using IPDatatel communicators already. The old DSC 161=
6, 1832, 1864, are all still readily available; and the keybus is also open=
.
>=20
> Of course, you can use any communicator that uses tip/ring and key-switch=
 zone, but I am sure that you already know that. There is a really small " =
MN01-4G " radio available that does not even depend on any access to changi=
ng the telco number or account number in the panel, as the radio is program=
med to connect to the central station number even though the panel is diali=
ng another. And as well, the account number that may be in the panel, is al=
so irrelevant as the radio is assigned an account number by the central. Ad=
ditionally, there is an app for the system called RControl that will make a=
ny system controllable by your customer's cellphone.
>=20
> I started out learning on DSC and have always liked them. I suppose that =
once you understand and learn on one type of panel and go to another, the o=
thers may seem quirky. Even though I have experience with Honeywell, Napco,=
 Networx, Moose, Concord, DSC, and others, I still prefer DSC.
>=20
> The DSC PTK5507 Touch Screen for the PC 1616, 1832, & 1864, has the same =
appearance as the DSC HS2TCHP NEO Touch Screen Keypad. So if you wanted an =
open keybus, you could switch out the equipment without even your customer =
knowing about it, and just your wallet would know.
>=20
> Hope you have/had a good vacation!

So as I gather =E2=80=A6. what you are saying is=20
Anyone who installs the Neo equipment is essentially locking their customer=
 into using Alarm dot com=20

Is that correct?