Re: DSC Neo

On 2/7/2019 8:31 AM, doug wrote:
> "ABLE1" <somewhere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 2/6/2019 8:27 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>>> Anyone have any experience with the DSC Neo panels?
>>>
>>> I've taken over some of the older DSC panels a number of years ago but
>>> this product appears to be in quite a different league.
>>>
>>> I'm just beginning to do some research on the product but thought I'd
>>> check in here first.
>>>
>>> One of my customers moved into a new home that is already wired and set
>>> up with one of these panels. Looks like a pretty good installation. Has 3
>>> Touchpad keypads and a couple of zone expanders. I don't know if it's
>>> using cellular or landline yet. The system is all set up and programmed
>>> except for the central station info. I have the installer code and what
>>> little I've seen of the programming it looks like it would take some time
>>> to learn the little nuisances for keypad programming. I'm tempted to take
>>> it over but I don't want to put myself in the position of having my
>>> customer have a problem, and me not being able to trouble shoot it for
>>> lack of experience and knowledge about the product. Even though they've
>>> been with me for over 18 years, I'd rather lose them then not be able to
>>> give them good service.
>>>
>>> I'd just replace everything with Napco if there weren't 3 touchpads.
>>>    Does anyone know if there is a DSC equivalent to the Napco Quickloader
>>> program?
>>> And if there is any qualification necessary to obtain a copy of it. A
>>> downloader program makes it so much easier to understand the programming
>>> versus a keypad programming sheet.
>>>

>> Jim,
>>
>> I just took over a Neo 2064 with 54 active zones TODAY!!
>> Existing customer as well.  What I did first was to
>> purchase a 2032 kit with keypad.  DL'd DLS-5 and
>> purchased the USB kit for direct connect.
>>
>> Played around with the 2032 to get the feel of the
>> programming and set up.  There are a few things that are
>> a bit quirky.  Thought I had it good enough.
>>
>> Had customer get the existing company to default the
>> Panel ID Code and Installer code.
>>
>> Connection was a breeze.  Just plug it in, create a new
>> account. Connect and it does all the data transfer.
>>
>> Then make the changes for receiver number and account.
>> Change the Installer code and Panel ID and send it.
>>
>> Then disconnect the battery to verify that the panel is
>> communicating and it is.  Yea!!
>>
>> But could not at the time send any burg signals since
>> too many people in the building.  Had the custodial staff
>> set alarm tonight and trip some zones.
>> Checked the C/S and NO test signals??????????
>>
>> CRAP!!!  I missed something.
>>
>> Tune in tomorrow for the next episode.....................
>>
>> Les
>>

> Section 310
> Did you put an account number for System and for partition 1 ( and any other
> partitions that are in use).
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

BINGO!!!  Go to the head of the class.

I went back today and I found that I DID NOT change the account
number for the partition.  Fixed that and armed the system.
All signals good.

Won't make that mistake again.  Crap!!  Now this new info
and forced a old memorable event from my brain.  I can't
remember what it was and maybe shouldn't care but it is

Les