Re: NETWORX NOT ARMING

On 8/19/2019 11:44 PM, Hogan wrote:
> As far as I had time to search, DSC was founded by John Peterson from Toronto, Canada in the late 70s. At the time, DSC turned the industry upside down. He chose Tyco in 2001 in order to make sure that the company kept going the right way. It seems to be going fairly well... and it still has its original name.
>
> I remember working on some really old Caddx wireless in early 2000s or was that Ranger, the kind that if the battery was removed, I believe you had to reprogram or something to that effect... all I remember is that it was rather dense in forethought.
>
> CADDX became Interlogix, and then GE bought that, and now its UTC security. They change names more often than a fugitive on the run.
>

> DSC did not copy CADDX, that I am pretty sure of. DSC's programming instructions are very logical and simple, in my  estimation. They were really my first experience as a technician, so perhaps I am partial.

Hogan,

Nice history lesson.  I totally agree with your
final sentence.  Mine was Moose for various reasons
at the time.  Then Sentrol, when that went away
I had to make a decision.  I received a panel from
DSC, Ademco, ??? and Caddx.  I played them for a while
and decided on the Caddx/Networx.  All part of history.

As for the wireless, yes some had their quirks.  They
are better now.  The challenge is trying to find the
reason for a weird reaction of stuff you can't see.

As was the case last October as I noted in my thread here
on ASA:  "Extreme RF Noise source locating"

Still have no clue as to what that was all about and
all has been good since.

Later,

Les