Re: Why Makers & Builders

On 4/28/2019 7:05 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> As us old guys are prone to saying
>
> "That reminds me of something that happened to me once"
>
> A long time ago, (when I was in my thirties) a customer of mine provided me with the opportunity to have somewhat of an epiphany.

> Still amazes me today.
>
> So Bob and all the others here
>
> Realize it or not. If other people could do what you can do â?¦.. they'd be doing it.
>
> And ----  you can do things that other people can't do.

WOW!!! Jim,  I have the same problem.
Much for the reason I work for myself, by myself.

I found myself working so much harder when I and an employee than
without.  Had to think 3-4 steps ahead of them and then had to
check their work. Decided a number of years ago it was not
worth my aggravation, not to mention my blood pressure.

My thinking of employees is as follows.
If they do the job efficiently as expected they absolutely deserve to be
paid for the time spent.
If they have to do the job twice or make mistakes, goof off, etc. they
are absolutely REQUIRED by LAW to be paid for the time spent.

When I need help for a project I take on a self-employed sub-contractor.
  Their work ethic is where it needs to be.  And I generally buy lunch.

And yes, I will remember nobody can do what I do, the way I do it.

Have a good week.

Les