Re: Extreme RF Noise source locating

On 9/25/2018 4:13 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
 > Thanks Rocky,
 >
 > The suggestion of a "old fashion AM portable radio" might go well if
I had one.  I suggested the same thing to the customer and his response
was, "can I use the one in my car??"    Well NO...................

Well, maybe.  When I worked for Arizona telephone company sometimes
noisy insulators on the electrical mains would cause noise on our
carrier systems.  We would drive a service truck along the power line
with the radio between stations and listen for an increase in the static
volume level.  The power company had a fancy RF communications van to do
the same thing.

 > Can't remember the last time I listened to AM..............
 > Whoa!!  WBZ in Boston late in the evening or KYW 1060 in Philadelphia

"The Mighty 690" used to broadcast the top 40 on Sunday mornings.  Only
time my mom would let me drive her car was going to church on Sunday.
LOL.  I was kinda glad it was a 30 minute drive each way.