Re: 5834-4 key fobs intermittently stop working with 5881-ENH receiver connected to Vista 20p

On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:19:51 PM UTC-7, RTS wrote:
> On 11/1/2018 6:11 PM, Roger Horwitz wrote:
> > I have a Vista 20p panel with 2 6160v keypads and recently added a 5881=
ENH receiver so I could add key fobs.  I successfully programmed the system=
 to enroll 2 5834-4 key fobs in high-security mode.  I did program them to =
associate each with a user and did a go/no test to ensure they are enrolled=
 and working.

> > Here is my question/issue: randomly the key fobs stop working temporari=
ly.  And it=E2=80=99s not always the same key fob that stops responding.  S=
ometimes they both work, sometimes only one, sometimes only the other, some=
times neither.  And without any specific action on my part, they may start =
working again.

> > The 5881 is mounted in the closet next to the Vista panel.  It's about =
45 feet max away from the front door.

> > I don=E2=80=99t know enough about how the communication works, but is i=
t possible for it to temporarily get out of sync?   How do I figure out the=
 issue so it becomes totally reliable?

> > Thank you!
>=20
> By chance are the key fobs going out of range and losing sync with the=20
> receiver?
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

Well, they are on our car keychains so they do go out of range when we leav=
e. But when they are used to arm/disarm they are within 40 feet. The red li=
ght on the fob blinks several times when I hold down one of the buttons for=
 at least 3 seconds.