Re: N.D.A.'s

On 5/15/2018 9:49 AM, RTS wrote:
> Greetings Group,
>
> How many of you have had customers want you to sign a N.D.A.
> (non-disclosure agreement)?
>
> How did you deal with it or them?
>
> After 42 years in the business I had one ask me yesterday for a N.D.A...
>
> I told them this morning I'd never be back..
>
> If they didn't trust me, no amount of paper would protect them...

Rocky,

For me ZERO on the NDA.
However, I have had one ask me to sign a HIPPA Contractor Agreement.
Has to do with a medical facility that I would not disclose any patient
information that I might see while I was on sight doing a service call.
It was about 7 pages long and in part said that they or their authorized
services would have the right to search my place of business to see if I
had any information or paperwork in my possession relating to any of
their patients, etc. etc.  No way was I going to sign it.

What I did do was to melt it down to 3 pages of what was important
and presented to the Executive Director who then sent it to their
attorney and then returned it signed, exactly as I had typed.

I had another customer that was already under my contract, after new
management wanted me to sign their agreement, bla bla bal.  It was
so bad, they wanted me to show a much higher liability insurance than I
had, plus increase the insurance on my service van and a bunch more
crap.  I continued monitoring for another 5 months to finish the term.
I guess they found someone else stupid enough to sign the thing.

You have the absolute right to be comfortable, period.

As I have read elsewhere on a individuals tag line.

"I have never lost a dollar, on a job I did not get."

Makes sense to me.

WOW!!  42 years.  You must be older than dirt!!!

Later,

Les