Re: Ground Loop challenges

On 1/21/2018 4:36 AM, doug wrote:
> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hey Guys!!
>>
>> I have a camera install that is plagued with Ground Loop issues.
>>
>> I have been installing individual BNC Ground Loop Insulators on individual
>> cameras that are the worst which cleans up the video for that camera.
>>
>> However, over time another camera gets bad, and then another, etc.
>>
>> As I understand the problem is due to an imbalance in voltage at 60 cycles
>> or ground reference between phases from the power company. And that the
>> video is very sensitive to the imbalance and causes the video bars, bla
>> bla bla.
>>
>> My questions are as follows.
>>
>> Is there a something device thingie that can be installed at the breaker
>> panel across the phases that can blend or sync the cycles, etc.??
>>
>> Is there a something device thingie that has more than one individual port
>> that can be mounted at the head end (like a 8 or 16 port) that can isolate
>> the ground loop with out using all the dongles??
>>
>> Thanks for any insight!!
>>
>> Les
>
> Is this coax or cat 5 using baluns?
> Are the cameras 12vdc or 24vac?
> Are you using a single power source or individual power sources for each
> camera?
>
> Doug

Sorry, I forgot to mention that important info, brain was not totally
activated.

There is a single power source 120vac for everything with two 16 channel
24vac power supplies for the cameras.

A few cameras are 24vac but most are 12vdc with a step down inverter at
those cameras.

Cabling is Siamese Coax RG59 w/18-2.

As I said above my understanding was the problem is due to an imbalance
in voltage at 60 cycles or ground reference between phases from the
power company.

But then of course I have to question that since I am on a single power
outlet or only one phase of the incoming AC.

Thanks for any input.

Les