Re: Camera on Power-Line Adapters

This might help you Les.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/76412/how-does-a-ferrite-co=
re-wire-terminator-work-to-reduce-emc

In your case, I think it would be much easier to just install 3 ferrite cor=
es at each end. Space them a few inches apart. Trying to loop them when you=
 can just install them around a straight cable is for those who love misery=
. These below from Amazon might be something for you to look into, and with=
 Amazon you will get them quickly. You would want to buy them for the exist=
ing type of cable that you have at the job site, whether it is round cable =
or flat type Romex cable or whatever. I would still want an electrician to =
provide a stand-alone dedicated line for video power from the building to t=
he sign. Then, I would superimpose my "Ham sandwich" concept on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Ferrite-Core-Cord-Noise-Suppressor/dp/B0002MQGEK

They don't appear to be expensive to me. Of course, this would be a cost pl=
us for me- that is not a freebie for the customer. I make sure that every c=
ustomer knows that it is impossible to know what interference, if any, can =
be engendered from a particular location or circumstance. It is simply impo=
ssible to predict unless you have a pair of "Interference Lens Glasses". I =
tend to drop hints at the point of sale, usually just after signing of pape=
rwork and all funds for the entire job having been exchanged. I can only gu=
arantee that any video system that is installed, will work 100% without any=
 interference only in that Radio Telescope Restricted Zone operated by the =
US government in West Virginia. Any place else, we will have to deal with i=
t at the customer's cost. There are absolutely zero waves out there. They a=
ctually even have a Wave Police Task Force to find any slight wave action. =
Once, they found some interference being created by an electric blanket ins=
ide a dog house... a true story.

You can always fall back on a remote 'Kill-switch' for the sign when the cu=
stomer wants to view his roof at night. Personally, I cannot see why anyone=
 would want to check on a roof at night for ice. I mean, are they going to =
dispatch the "Ice Police" at 2 or 3 am? ...I don't think so. I have lived i=
n places at the 55th Parallel where it gets -70 degrees and then some. If t=
here was too much ice on the metal roof, we'd just fire off some special ro=
unds of shot to break it up. After a few years, you'd get that special effe=
ct look on the roof...No... just kidding about the special rounds portion.

Have a great day!