Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

On 2/5/2018 9:01 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 2/5/2018 3:41 PM, georgengwerume1@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hie. default go to programing code (9713)
>> was changed by someone... I am failing now to program the panel...
>> what can I do to reset the go to programing code back to 9713.
>>

> The 9713 Installer Code was most likely changed by the
> installer to protect the programming data from being
> modified so that the customers security will not be
> compromised at the worst possible time.
>
> There are some backdoor techno ways to do what you ask,"+$'s"
> but, the simplest thing would be to just buy "-<$" a new fresh
> NX-8V2 board and you will have your 9713 the way you want.
>
> That is assuming your are the "owner" of the system and
> not somebody trying to find out how to be stupid.
>
> Besides, if you want "security" to be "security" why would
> you think it should be a simple thing to circumvent??
>
> Can I assist further?? ..............  Maybe................
> Will I, Nooooooooooooooooooo
>
> Good luck!!

I liked the architecture of the NX8(E).  I don't know why I never
installed more of them.  Were they one of those companies that finally
got a good product and then sold out?  (I hated the old Ranger panels.)
I really liked the expansion cabinets that powered all their own devices
so expanding the system didn't overload it.  It made putting multiple
buildings on a single system dead easy.