Re: Dell laptops are junk...

Bad power supply???  That can ruin any electronic equipment. Are you still =
using the original, or did Dell replace that?

Just because it reads the correct voltage, does not mean that it cannot spi=
ke or have other frivolous happenings.

I get all my tower computers from customers who decided to buy a new one. M=
ost of them are Dells. They do have a greater failure rate than other brand=
s that I have gotten for free. For laptops, I usually buy Toshiba or Acer. =
I would never buy Dell. But hey! They're free. I probably have a dozen or s=
o towers on the shelf quietly waiting for the 'Day of Powering' when the pr=
esent ones die out. I just move the drives over, since they are all similar=
. Also, Dell's tower power supplies seem to go out every few years. That mi=
ght be due to the fact that I never turn them off.

Make sure that you always use a UPS battery backup- not to be mistaken for =
the UPS' delivery driver's beeping backup signal. When your a/c goes out in=
 the house, that can cause havoc with anything electronic, especially when =
it powers back on.