Re: Starlink

--------------EAF986E9590DF797E0AA9B64

On 4/27/2018 4:19 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 2:43:54 AM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
>> On 4/25/2018 10:14 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>>

>>        On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 12:21:21 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>

>>          I have a couple new old stock Starlink Cells I ran across yesterday in
>> the shop.  I could use an RP1CAe2 keypad or better yet a DK1CA keypad.
>>
>> Anybody want to swap?
>>
>> you can use the contact form at my website to start a conversation if
>> you don't already have my email address.  www.cncmolds.com
>>

>>        I'm using nothing less then the Starlink Connect now. (includes the iBridge Messenger with the virtual keypad)
>>

>> Jim
>>

>> have you had problems with your I-Bridge not
>>          working on some cell tower clusters?
>>
>> We've had several clusters here in Kentucky
>>          which would not support the the feature..
>>
>> (everything else just not the I-Bridge..)
>>

>> --
>>

>>        Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
> What service providers are in your area? And what does Napco have to say about the problem?
> Are you using the IBridge module with the Starlink radio or are you using the Starlink Connect. I never used the module version of the IBridge.
> /
> I presume that when it doesn't work via cellular that you use the computer network connection to obtain operation of the IBridge (??) And that
> works or  ... (??)
> /
> I haven't had one single problem with the Starlink from day one.
> I've got one that's been working reliably at a 103db for almost a year now.
> /
> HOWEVER,
>   I do live in a very high density Cellular deployment area. Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint and all of the other aftermarket suppliers. Boost, Cricket US mobile etc. We've got cellular antennas on top of just about every tall building around and now I see them on top of telephone poles.
> /
> I'm thinking that in the future there will be no need for microwave ovens. Just take the food out of the refridge and by the time it gets to the table it'll be cooked.

Jim we've tried both AT&T and Verizon which are the primary carriers
around here..

We are pretty rural,  can be as much as 5-8 miles between towers in a
good area..

and it seems that the clusters we have the most problem  with are all
linked with microwave and not optical cable..

My "guess" is the microwave doesn't have the bandwidth to allow that
feature..

But the Starlink does work better than the TG-1's we had been using..

;-)

RTS

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

--------------EAF986E9590DF797E0AA9B64

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:249bb37c-0ce0-4095-9bd0-e1b82a135147@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">

you don't already have my email address.  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.cncmolds.com";>www.cncmolds.com</a>

      I'm using nothing less then the Starlink Connect now. (includes the iBridge Messenger with the virtual keypad)

Jim

have you had problems with your I-Bridge not
        working on some cell tower clusters?

We've had several clusters here in Kentucky
        which would not support the the feature..

(everything else just not the I-Bridge..)

--

      Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
What service providers are in your area? And what does Napco have to say about the problem?
</pre>
        <pre wrap="">
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">Are you using the IBridge module with the Starlink radio or are you using the Starlink Connect. I never used the module version of the IBridge.
/
[...]
        which are the primary carriers around here..</font></p>
        miles between towers in a good area..</font></p>
        most problem  with are all linked with microwave and not optical
        cable..</font></p>
        bandwidth to allow that feature..</font></p>
        TG-1's we had been using..</font></p>
      <b>Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.</b>

--------------EAF986E9590DF797E0AA9B64--