Re: Starlink

On Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 9:00:26 PM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
> On 4/29/2018 7:21 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>=20
>    =20
>    =20
>       On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 9:06:53 PM UTC-4, RockyTSquirrel, esq =
wrote:
>=20
>      =20
>            =20
>    =20
> Jim we've tried both AT&T and Verizon
>         which are the primary carriers around here..
>    =20
> We are pretty rural,=C2=A0 can be as much as 5-8
>         miles between towers in a good area..
>    =20
> and it seems that the clusters we have the
>         most problem=C2=A0 with are all linked with microwave and not opt=
ical
>         cable..
>    =20
> My "guess" is the microwave doesn't have the
>         bandwidth to allow that feature..
>    =20
> But the Starlink does work better than the
>         TG-1's we had been using..
>    =20
> ;-)
>    =20
> RTS
>=20
>      =20
>       Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
>=20
> What does Napco have to say about it?
>=20
>=20
>    =20
>    =20
> none of their suggestions worked out..
>    =20
> It does seem that AT&T=C2=A0 is the major
>         problem though..
>    =20
> but with either type=C2=A0 the IBridge is the only
>         problem
>    =20
> everything else works just like normal.
>       Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Also, it just occurred to me ..... have you spoken to ATT? I know that they=
 offer an "enhanced" service around here if someone is having a problem wit=
h their cellular connection.=20
One service is that they provide a "booster" in the home that I believe act=
ually picks up the signal from the cellular device and sends it over the in=
ternet on what I presume to be VoIP though their modem.

I don't know if this would work with the Starlink or not.

Another thing that is available is an actual Cellular Antenna on the house =
that enhances the signal from the tower. But I've never thoroughly investig=
ate that.=20

And another question ...... does the IBridge ,,,,, ALWAYS ...... not work ,=
,,,, or just in some places?=20