Re: Can DSC 5010 trigger a custom relay or close a circuit during an alarm

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 5:05:24 PM UTC-4, glenner wrote:
> Hi.  I have a DSC 832 / 5010 panel, with about 2 dozens zones.  It's been=
 working great for years.
> My setup is like this:
>=20
> 1. DSC 5010
> 2. 5 DSC4985 flood sensors around the house (dishwasher, ice maker, bathr=
oom, sump pump, etc.).
> 3. FloodStop main water shutoff valve in furnace room next to DSC panel.
> 4. FloodStop is also connected to its own wired flood sensors on the furn=
ace room floor, and connected to DSC panel.
> 5. FloodStop looks like this: http://www.getfloodstop.com/Water_Heater_Fl=
oodStop_p/fs34npt.htm
>=20
> When water is detected on furnace room floor and triggers FloodStop senso=
r, FloodStop automatically shut offs main water supply, and triggers a DSC =
zone, triggering an alarm.
>=20
> If a wireless DSC 4985 sensor triggers around the house (ie. dishwasher),=
 the DSC alarm sounds, but FloodStop is not affected and so the main water =
supply is not shut off.
>=20
> I want to update my setup so that if any alarm or zone is triggered in th=
e house (or ideally just a DSC 4985 flood zone), the DSC panel will either =
trigger a custom relay, or close a circuit.  I would use that relay/circuit=
 to trigger the FloodStop sensor on the floor, and thereby shutoff the main=
 water supply.
>=20
> Is there a way for me to wire a circuit off of the DSC panel that will on=
ly close if an alarm sounds, or specific zones are triggered?   Or is there=
 some other way to do what I am trying to do?  Which is effectively have th=
e wireless DSC 4985s trigger my FloodStop main water=20
>  line shutoff valve.
>=20
> Thanks, -Glen.

WOW-   its been almost a year for this. =20

is this a monitored system?  did you install it?

if you were using the newer 1832-    you can set all the 4985's in a group =
of zones,   like zones 9-15,   then go into programming,  and have anytime =
ANY of those zones activate, they then trigger one of the two programmable =
outputs.

with the 5010,   theres not much to do