Re: need to start a small alarm monitoring station

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 5:25:08 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/5/2017 11:07 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 8:20:00 PM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
> >> I liked the phone system We had when I was in
> >>          the Air Force,
> >>     =20
> >> We had these long wire things with a plug on
> >>          the end.
> >>     =20
> >> When the light over the wire come on you pulled
> >>          the wire out and plugged it into a jack which in turn went to=
> >>          phone..
> >>     =20
> >> When the light went out you unplugged the wire
> >>          and put it back in its hole..
> >>     =20
> >> Damn thing worked every time..
> >>     =20
> >> No muss no fuss, no computer.....=C2=A0 ;-)
> >>
> >>        Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
> >>
> >=20
> >       =20
> > Yep, that was the government version of
> >=20
> > Two Dixicups and a string.
> >=20
> > That is ...... if anyone remembers what a Dixicup was.
> >=20
> > The word is not even in the spell correction library. (that's kinda sad=
/funny)
> >=20
>=20
> Jim,
>=20
> Actually, as I remember it was Dixie Cup not Dixicup.
> But then my memory has been failing over the past 70 years or so.
>=20
> Thanks for the memory refresher!!
>=20
> Les

You're probably right. I do remember the covers of the cups had pictures of=
 (I think ) movie stars when you'd peel the film off the bottom of the cove=
r. The pictures always had a blue tint to them.  I think the ice cream was =
always half chocolate and half vanilla, wasn't it? Came with a little woode=
n spoon in a wax paper wrapper.

How about Mello-roll ice cream cones? Did you have them? I think that was a=
 Good Humor thing.

And remember the Good Humor guy in the white outfit and cap riding on the b=
icycle thing with the freezer box in front? I don't know it that was all ov=
er the country or in just certain places.

Holy s__t, I think I'm devolving!=20