Re: Camera Mirror Setup

On 11/26/2017 7:28 PM, doug wrote:

> I have had good results using a charger and battery to power IP cameras,
> network switches and wireless bridges when the only power source has been
> timer or photo cell controlled lights.
>
> I use a 12 volt 18AH battery charged from a NOCO Gen1 10Amp charger
> For the wireless bridge I use Ubiquiti products.

Ok Doug,

I did some thinking on this setup.

I am having a little challenge in that how are you powering
the equipment, especially the Ubiquiti WiFi device.

As like EnGenius most are PoE powered.

So which unit are you using??  Or are you powering
a PoE injector on 12vdc some how??

Of the top of my head it would seem you are using an
inverter to provide 120vac that converts to PoE at
48vdc for the equipment.
I know that makes no sense but..................

Please explain what you are using, like model numbers, etc.

I have a feeling that my problem is going to be the amount
of time the lights are actually powered.  I know they come
on with photo sensor, but something tells me they use a
clock to turn off at maybe 11pm.  That would mean that
I would only get about 6 hours of power, maybe, in the
winter.  Shorter in the summer.

Maybe that can be adjusted.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,