Re: Camera Mirror Setup

On 11/26/2017 3:02 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 1:10:57 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 11/26/2017 12:18 PM, RTS wrote:
>>> After viewing the location photos and mirror selection,  I must suggest
>>> a different approach to this problem..
>>>
>>> I don't think  your going to have a long term favorable view of your
>>> problem areas..
>>>
>>> It appears to me your biggest problem is going to be that roof top AC
>>> unit. and the distance from the camera is the problem..
>>>
>>> I'm assuming from the photo that the roof is longer in the rear, and the
>>> angle looks pretty low given the height of the light pole out front..
>>>
>>> and the wide angle mirror isn't going to help.
>>>
>>> my guess is that it will appear as around 200 - 300' in the monitor..
>>
>> Rocky,
>>
>> Really not sure of your concerns.  The concerns are that snow or ice
>> will build up on the sloped roof primarily of the bump up.  Any snow or
>> ice would have the potential of falling on patrons on the side walk or
>> entrance area and being a potential liability problem.
>>
>> There is no concern about the flat roof area.
>>
>> Please look at the dropbox link again.  I have added another 1000 words
>> to the conversation.  Please review and give me your input.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
>
> Hi Les,
>
> Just thinking out of the box here a little,  but .....
> Instead of cameras, how about a series (just a few) of PE beams around the perimeter, set close to the roof ( say 6 inches or less if possible.) Any blockage would set it off but alerts could be set up to occur only during/after foul weather (with some kind of timer circuit, weather alert app or scheduling with central station or whatever)  so as not to be annoying during good weather by birds and such.

Hi Jim,

This is a small strip mall and I am already going to be installing about
19 cameras around the unit.  It is the customers idea/desire to have a
camera or two included to look at the roof.  And I can actually do it
with cameras mounted on the roof parapet mounts that would extend out
over the edge of the roof line.  They just need the number and it will
be a go.  I was thinking out side the box as well by using a convex
mirror.

There is no alarm system on site except for what the tenants may or may
not have installed on their own.  I seriously doubt I could even try and
sell them on a system just to monitor the roof.

Not that I know for certain but I am thinking that the owner may have
been burned by previous accidents that could have been prevented if they
could have know the status on site at the time.  Viewing the camera feed
on smart phones is the desired choice.

Thanks for the "OSB" thinking but.........................

Les