Re: Ademco Vista 10 "OC" code issue

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 2:11:57 PM UTC-6, Songbill wrote:
> I got that frustrating "OC" code on my Vista 10. Here's how I ultimately =
managed to resolve the issue.
>=20
> After coming home from a trip, I opened my door and entered my code on th=
e key pad as usual ........and nothing happened. I did it over and over aga=
in but after 1-minute the alarm went off. The security monitoring firm call=
ed me but we could not get the alarm to stop blasting away. So with the rep=
 still on the line, I (1) got a screw driver and disconnected the Ademco AC=
 power transformer from its wall socket and (2) opened up the Ademco contro=
l panel in the closet and disconnected the red wire from the battery. This =
stopped everything,including the blasting loud alarm. However, when I recon=
nected up both AC and battery power all I got on my Vista 10's key pad was =
an "OC" code message. Hunting through the manual, looking at other web post=
s, and attempting different entries on the key pad did nothing. So I discon=
nected BOTH the battery and AC power transformer, and then reconnected ONLY=
 the AC power transformer.  This solved the problem!!!!  Initially, I got a=
 "dl" code on the key pad display, but it went off within about 1-minute an=
d everything was back to normal.
>=20
> Apparently my battery had run down to the point that it was causing an op=
en circuit (OC) condition to appear to exist. Don't know why. Don't know ho=
w.  Placing the system on only AC power apparently allowed the Vista 10 to =
reset on its own. I have now installed a new battery and it's fine too. (P.=
S. You may find you are able to just reconnect up your current battery afte=
r your system has reset using only AC power. However, if your battery is mo=
re than 3 years old you should probably replace it.)

OC means you have a wiring problem between the panel and keypad, has nothin=
g to do with the battery, my guess is you'll see the issue again real soon

dl appears when you initially power the panel as a wait time to stabilize t=
he zones and it does last for 1 minute or until you press 0#