Re: Camera Mirror Setup

Hi Les,

The units that I used were TP-LINK AV2000 2-PORT gigabit pass-thru Powerlin=
e starter kit. It uses the latest AV2 standard, allows 4k HD streaming. It =
does claim up to 2000Mbps Powerline speed, about $90 or so. MODEL # PA9020P=
 KIT

You mentioned that the light poles are all controlled by a photo-cell and t=
imer. Does that mean that each pole has its own photo-cell or are they usin=
g one photo-cell for all the pole lights? Are the poles wired one to anothe=
r, or are they each home-run to a building box?=20

Sorry if I digress, but is anyone actually going to view this camera at nig=
ht? I do not see how you could ever possibly get any quality picture out of=
 this setup at night.=20

In regards to your questions about other issues I may foresee, I think best=
 to summarize it this way.

---The human eye can see up to 1000fps. The megapixel equivalent numbers be=
low refer to the spatial detail in an image that would be required to show =
what the human eye could see when you view a scene. 90 degrees * 60 arc-min=
utes/degree * 1/0.3 * 90 * 60 * 1/0.3 =3D 324,000,000 pixels (324 megapixel=
s). 120 * 120 * 60 * 60 / (0.3 * 0.3) =3D 576 megapixels.

1. You are reducing the natural pixel view of the roof scene with a measure=
ment of about 105' wide and with an angle of about 71 degrees down to an ar=
ea of the convex rectangular mirror which is 20" x 30" with a viewing dista=
nce of 35 ft.

2. You are then using camera optics from 60' away to see that 4.2 square fe=
et of view on the convex mirror and are re-amplifying digitally for viewing=
 to the dvr.

3. The mirror is not the quality that NASA uses, nor is it in the vacuum of=
 space. Meaning- spatial distortion highly probable, air turbulence assured=
.

It is kind of like a guy who is using 2 sets of binoculars taped end to end=
, so that he first reduces the view and then re-enlarges it.=20

I think that the concept will loose a greater amount of definition that is =
presently anticipated. But, since there is a 30-day money back return on th=
at mirror, I would get it and do this in a controlled environment at home  =
or shop, and see what I would get as a view on the dvr with the camera that=
 you are envisioning to purchase. I definitely would not be trying this out=
 onsite first.

If I was the owner, and I had been stuck paying for one or more liability c=
laim/lawsuit, I would gladly pay to rewire that pole. The wiring is probabl=
y in pipe anyway. So who designed this roof anyway? Must have been some Flo=
rida contractor who relocated to your area.

I'd love to see how it turns out for you.

Have a great night/day.