Re: Camera Mirror Setup

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 1:10:57 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 11/26/2017 12:18 PM, RTS wrote:
> > After viewing the location photos and mirror selection,=C2=A0 I must su=
ggest=20
> > a different approach to this problem..
> >=20
> > I don't think=C2=A0 your going to have a long term favorable view of yo=
ur=20
> > problem areas..
> >=20
> > It appears to me your biggest problem is going to be that roof top AC=
=20
> > unit. and the distance from the camera is the problem..
> >=20
> > I'm assuming from the photo that the roof is longer in the rear, and th=
e=20
> > angle looks pretty low given the height of the light pole out front..
> >=20
> > and the wide angle mirror isn't going to help.
> >=20
> > my guess is that it will appear as around 200 - 300' in the monitor..
>=20
> Rocky,
>=20
> Really not sure of your concerns.  The concerns are that snow or ice=20
> will build up on the sloped roof primarily of the bump up.  Any snow or=
=20
> ice would have the potential of falling on patrons on the side walk or=20
> entrance area and being a potential liability problem.
>=20
> There is no concern about the flat roof area.
>=20
> Please look at the dropbox link again.  I have added another 1000 words
> to the conversation.  Please review and give me your input.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Les

Hi Les,

Just thinking out of the box here a little,  but .....
Instead of cameras, how about a series (just a few) of PE beams around the =
perimeter, set close to the roof ( say 6 inches or less if possible.) Any b=
lockage would set it off but alerts could be set up to occur only during/af=
ter foul weather (with some kind of timer circuit, weather alert app or sch=
eduling with central station or whatever)  so as not to be annoying during =
good weather by birds and such.