Re: Camera Mirror Setup

On 11/28/2017 11:42 AM, napinc7@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> I believe that would be correct. Basically, you are moving the timer to the sign end, therefore, you would then have continuous power from the building to the sign. The timer would still be able to function to switch the sign on and off just as before.
>
> You now have continuous power to run the 2 cameras, and you now have a means to transmit the signal over the gigabit power-line adapters. If the sign is using 220V, then you would only use one of the 110v leg and the ground/return wire as a circuit for your cameras/POE.
>
> Depending on what electronics that are being used for the sign, there is a possibility that some interference may be present. But, I would not keep that from preventing me to proceed. That can be dealt with easily later if it rears its head.
>
> Sorry for not responding faster to your thread, but Sundays is when I generally have more time for the forum. I am always extremely busy and it is hard for me to find time to relax and do what I want to do.
>
> Have a safe and great day, and run like the wind with your brilliant epiphany.

E D,

Thanks for the confirmation.
And no problem at all on the response time. Very timely and helpful.

I just returned from the site.  Went there to confirm my thinking and
to look at some other issue that need thought out.

I do think this will work as well.  My only reservation is the TP-Link
equipment.  Never having used it before always makes me nervous that
I may be going down a bad path.  Until it is actually installed and
working "the first time" is not fun.  After it is know to work,
all the pressure is off and happy dance all around.

I may just have to buy a set to play around with.

Thanks again,

Les