Re: MONA T. RONICS

On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 10:19:07 PM UTC-5, nap...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> MLEUCK WROTE,
>=20
> QUOTE: The reason why the phone and account numbers were "locked" in the =
first place was NOT due to any paranoid ramblings stated here but as an ins=
tallation aid. See the funny thing about techs is they sometimes have a hab=
it of sometimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers thus often =
sending nasty signals on other active accounts, controlling where the panel=
 called and on what account number it sent virtually eliminated that proble=
m.=20
>=20
>    Wow, I think I have to get my big boots on to accept that tall stateme=
nt. If the techs are that dense and prone to errors, how many errors might =
have been in the rest of the programming? If that logic is true, then they =
should have locked out a whole lot more, since the Mona techs "sometimes ha=
ve a habit of sometimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers". F=
urther, if that logic holds any water, then Mona should at least have made =
provision to provide all the other companies the Mona company installer cod=
e, when the customer decides to move on after their monitoring agreement en=
ds. =20

You can believe what you wish that was the intended purpose of locking the =
phone and account numbers, same reason other companies like P1, ADT etc did

The installer code was defaulted allowing anyone to monitor the things so h=
ave fun walking around in those big boots

> ...this way, Mona would have wrecked havoc upon the other companies' inst=
allers by their techs sending signals to the wrong accounts using wrong tel=
ephone numbers! Just think of it, Mona could have single-handedly wiped out=
 all the other companies...=20

Umm ok...

> QUOTE: When the customer has completed their contract and wished to go el=
sewhere the panels can easily be unlocked and work just fine on any other c=
entral station, I should know I unlocked many over the years.=20
>=20
> You actually believe this, that most companies know how to get into a Mon=
a panel?=20

Depends on the panel, with Honeywell no I doubt few companies did at least =
I never heard of them doing it, GE/ITI/Interlogix yes very possible and it =
did happen

> QUOTE: it was never designed to lock anyone into a contract but hey belie=
ve what you wish=20
>=20
> Oh no, of course not! ...and Hillary never knew that the caption at the t=
op of her emails, the " (C) " ,actually meant " CLASSIFIED ", because she w=
as only a very lowly Secretary of State.
=20
>          Truth: ...It was designed to keep out any other monitoring compa=
ny.

Nope afraid not as I was involved with creating our version of the panels b=
ut again believe what you wish

> Perhaps you might have been one of those very installers working for Mona=
?

Nope was never an installer, you must have missed Jim's colorful descriptio=
n of me