Re: MONA T. RONICS

On 4/29/2017 12:42 PM, ED wrote:
> QUOTE: Nowdays ..... any alarm system that uses 4/2 format or CID to a phone line can be taken over.
>
> QUOTE: Those systems can be taken over just like any other system
>
> Yes, since the advent of the many cellular units now available, the panel telco and account number are negated and irrelevant. But, there are still many systems only on telco and the customer is not wanting to pay the extra charge for cellular... unless the installing company wants to absorb the cost.
>
> The point is not what is available, but the gall of 'Mona' and her 'Honey' colluding together to 'trap' unknowing customers to locked systems. For the programming purposely shows "Locked" in the telco numbers. A security system mainboard is more or less a complicated communication device with many inputs and programming parameters as to when and how it will communicate. As such, it is technically subject to the FCC-the Federal Communication Commission.
>
> Additionally, because of the collusion, in that they purposefully attempt to prevent other companies from using their system boards, it has run afoul of the other small department in the US called the FTC-the Federal Trade Commission, which was instituted purposefully to prevent anyone from such unfair trade practices.
>
> Further, Mona's 'Honey', directly financially benefits by the unlocked replacement boards that it sells to companies that yet only know this as a solution. Until only quite recently, there has not been a plethora of available devices available to overcome the locked boards.

had same problem years ago when ADT was using Moose Z900 panels with
their "special" chip..  which altered the programming  steps..
Bro. Wade was kind enough to supply us with the new steps and we were
able to work around their "special chip"..

Must be that "mona t. ronics" isn't using Honeywell Vista.
you can access that thing from so many different ways it's a joke as a
"Security" panel..

RTS