Re: Envisalink monitoring satisfaction?

On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 4:24:44 PM UTC-5, Starpilot wrote:
> I am considering Envisalink monitoring. =20
> They are reasonably priced, UL certified and appear to be a viable option=
.
> Has anyone used them or heard of someone who has?  And would you recommen=
d them?
>=20
> Thank you for your thoughts.

It is important to make sure the system is set up correctly though if you a=
re doing it yourself.  Replicate a scenario where there would be some sort =
of smoke in the house or a intruder open a door to your house (and test all=
 the components) and you'll have some peace of mind knowing it works correc=
tly, and if not, you can fix it until it is operating correctly. In my expe=
rience, not so much for Burglary (the cops take HOURS to show up and will j=
ust file the police report and stop no one), but more so if you have life s=
afety devices connected to them. Make sure you are using EOL resistors and =
that they are operating correctly (the alarm techs around my area are not v=
ery good and they just skip using resistors on everything they can, they ju=
st cross a resistor between the fire zone connections and on all other zone=
s they have to use EOLs and don't put an EOL anywhere including even smoke =
detectors!!!) but in a fire or CO detection scenario it can potentially sav=
e your life. Every second matters when it comes to a fire growing out of co=
ntrol. It's not rocket science, and if you are good enough with your hands,=
 it's not that sophisticated to do. It's important to do it properly though=
 and test your your components, especially life safety devices like smoke d=
etectors with some mock smoke and make sure the signal gets to the monitori=
ng station. Besides that it works well and is definitely worth it if you're=
 looking for the internet functionality and want to save some money too