Re: Looking for a Dong Ding

"ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:rZfLy.165699$3_5.128476@xxxxxxxxxxx
> On 3/31/2016 1:05 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Radio Shack has a small ding dong (or they did).  It was cheap too.  I
>>> believe that ATW did as well.
>>
>> This might be the RS one
>> https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-80db-chime?variant=5717357061
>>
>> Here is the ATW one http://shopatw.com/products/pc-300
>
> Thanks Bob,
>
> I was at the RatShack the other day and tested all the sounders they had,
> including the one you noted.
> None actually gave a ding dong.  Mostly just a single tone or a beep beep
> sound.
>
> Interesting the ATW link shows one (pcp-300) which looks a lot like the
> one I have on the way from ADI.
> which is this one>>>  http://wboxtech.com/pdf/0E-1GANGCHIM.pdf
>
> Hopefully it will Ding Dong properly as was suggested by Doug.  Fingers
> crossed.
>
> Thanks for the extra input.
>
> Hope all is well in your parts.
>
> Les

W-Box is ADI's contracted Chinese knock off line.  I noticed they
discontinued lots of stuff (like ATW Mascom) and came out with similar
products on the W-Box label.  If you visit the W-Box website you will find
the only place to buy the stuff is at ADI.  ATW never used to have retail
pricing on their website until ADI dumped them and started selling their own
line of Chicom knockoffs instead.

I did have a Rat Shack chime that went ding dong.  It was three wires if I
recall.  (pos) (neg) (trigger)  It was cheap.  They may not have it anymore.
I used to buy them regularly for specialty stuff.  They made nice alerts
that didn't seem to annoy the customers as much as a buzzer.  I went to the
ATW one because it looks nicer.