Re: ADT Security system

"ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:8fvIy.182204$Ia.2471@xxxxxxxxxxx
> On 3/22/2016 9:30 PM, Jim wrote:
>> On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, David T wrote:
>>> Have an ADT Security system model 236i2. Not being monitored any more.
>>> Need
>>> programming info to turn off the comments fail.
>>>
>>> --
>>> using  Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
>>> alt.security.alarms and other  telecom  groups
>>
>> You will now suffer the consequences of getting a cheap or free system.
>>
>> You have to have the dealer programming code to get into programming and
>>   fer sure ..... ADT ain't gonna give it to you.
>>
>> Guess they jus forgot to tell you that ..... huh?
>>
>> I get one of you as a new customer at least once a month .... sometimes
>> more often. You have been duped just like thousands of others into
>> believing that you can get something for nothing. To ADT you are nothing
>> but a source of monthly income for a set period of time. The system is
>> paid for within the first few months and the rest is the "GOTTCHA" that
>> you pay is for nothing. They're in the recurring revenue business, not
>> security. With all the money that you paid to them over the term of the
>> contract .... you could have bought a system two to three times as good
>> and with better and more personal service.
>>
>> Your choice now it to go back with them, turn off the system or get a
>> good local alarm company to install a decent system who will treat you
>> with respect and as more than just a source of revenue.
>>
>> Sorry.
>>

> Jim,
>
> Very well said.
> However I doubt the OP will totally understand.
>
> About 5 years ago I was once asked by ADT if I would
> be interested in providing sub work for them
> in servicing their customers.
>
> I said;
> "You want me to provide my excellent service to
> make ADT look good?? Are you nuts??"
>
> To which the rep said;
> "Well after the 1st year, we don't want to service
> them any more, so we look to outside resources.
> Also there is a lot of money to made doing this for us."
>
> I laughed and told him to "Have a nice day."
>
> Les

I started out in the business working for ADT. I trained for 2 days instead
of 2 weeks, mostly because I came from a construction background among other
things, and did not need for anyone to tell me how to physically install the
system. It was a no-brainer for me. I was given programming for the DSC
systems.
After 1 week of installations, I was made installation manager because I had
backgrounds of management.This was an independant dealer that I worked for.

Even though ADT is run by the sales department as a whole, I ran the
location and made the Sales manager abide by my directions. I simply told
him that the customers were not buying his salesmanship, they were buying a
security system. And I made sure that they were installed very well. I
detest having to go back on anything.

ADT is not a security company, they are simply a Monitoring Revenue Company.
I find that the security companies who do a great job, are usually smaller
with someone at the top that insists on top notch work. As soon as companies
get large, it becomes extremely harder to ensure quality work.

After all, a security company is only as good as its worst installer...and
if they do not perform precautionary job quality inspections from time to
time, they have no idea how bad 'that installer' is.

ADT just got purchased by Apollo, one of the world's largest  private equity
groups. They only manage about $170 billion at this time! They are also the
ones who just purchased Protection 1 and ASG last year. They will be
combining ADT and Protection 1. Unless someone at the top of the new company
decides to actually be a security company, all those customers who did not
think thru their purchase and fell for the stupid commercials or telco
calls, will always be there by the millions as potential customer takeovers
waiting to be picked from the fire. After their initial 3-year contract is
over, most want to leave ADT really bad anyway.