Re: ADT Security system

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 7:38:46 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 3/22/2016 9:30 PM, Jim wrote:
> > On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, David T wrote:
> >> Have an ADT Security system model 236i2. Not being monitored any more.=
 Need
> >> programming info to turn off the comments fail.
> >>
> >> --
-64662-.htm
> >> using  Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
> >> alt.security.alarms and other  telecom  groups
> >
> > You will now suffer the consequences of getting a cheap or free system.
> >
> > You have to have the dealer programming code to get into programming an=
> >   fer sure ..... ADT ain't gonna give it to you.
> >
> > Guess they jus forgot to tell you that ..... huh?
> >
> > I get one of you as a new customer at least once a month .... sometimes=
 more often. You have been duped just like thousands of others into believi=
ng that you can get something for nothing. To ADT you are nothing but a sou=
rce of monthly income for a set period of time. The system is paid for with=
in the first few months and the rest is the "GOTTCHA" that you pay is for n=
othing. They're in the recurring revenue business, not security. With all t=
he money that you paid to them over the term of the contract .... you could=
 have bought a system two to three times as good and with better and more p=
ersonal service.

> > Your choice now it to go back with them, turn off the system or get a g=
ood local alarm company to install a decent system who will treat you with =
respect and as more than just a source of revenue.

> > Sorry.
> >
>=20
> Jim,
>=20
> Very well said.
> However I doubt the OP will totally understand.
>=20
> About 5 years ago I was once asked by ADT if I would
> be interested in providing sub work for them
> in servicing their customers.
>=20
> I said;
> "You want me to provide my excellent service to
> make ADT look good?? Are you nuts??"
>=20
> To which the rep said;
> "Well after the 1st year, we don't want to service
> them any more, so we look to outside resources.
> Also there is a lot of money to made doing this for us."
>=20
> I laughed and told him to "Have a nice day."
>=20
> Les

I had an ADT installer once tell me that it didn't make any difference if h=
e didn't check the signal strength of wireless door and window transmitters=
 when he was installing a system so he could save time. Besides, if it didn=
't work after awhile ..... someone else would be the one's to have to have =
to fix it on a service call.=20

Yep, and if it happened after the warrantee period, I'll bet the customer h=
ad to pay for a service call too.

However, it's not entirely a bad thing. I do pretty good on the business I =
get from the duped customers of the "FREE" installation companies, once the=
y have learned their lesson. It's a good way for legitimate alarm companies=
 to gain loyal customers who have seen the bad side of a cheap system and b=
ad service.