Re: ADT Security system

On 3/22/2016 9:30 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, David T wrote:
>> Have an ADT Security system model 236i2. Not being monitored any more. Need
>> programming info to turn off the comments fail.
>>
>> --
>> using  Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
>> alt.security.alarms and other  telecom  groups
>
> You will now suffer the consequences of getting a cheap or free system.
>
> You have to have the dealer programming code to get into programming and
>   fer sure ..... ADT ain't gonna give it to you.
>
> Guess they jus forgot to tell you that ..... huh?
>
> I get one of you as a new customer at least once a month .... sometimes more often. You have been duped just like thousands of others into believing that you can get something for nothing. To ADT you are nothing but a source of monthly income for a set period of time. The system is paid for within the first few months and the rest is the "GOTTCHA" that you pay is for nothing. They're in the recurring revenue business, not security. With all the money that you paid to them over the term of the contract .... you could have bought a system two to three times as good and with better and more personal service.
>
> Your choice now it to go back with them, turn off the system or get a good local alarm company to install a decent system who will treat you with respect and as more than just a source of revenue.
>
> Sorry.

Jim,

Very well said.
However I doubt the OP will totally understand.

About 5 years ago I was once asked by ADT if I would
be interested in providing sub work for them
in servicing their customers.

I said;
"You want me to provide my excellent service to
make ADT look good?? Are you nuts??"

To which the rep said;
"Well after the 1st year, we don't want to service
them any more, so we look to outside resources.
Also there is a lot of money to made doing this for us."

I laughed and told him to "Have a nice day."

Les